The protection of children in schools and other institutions is a very important and crucial job. The learning will depend upon the amount of safety the child feels the environment he / she is in. The Educational Collaborative for International Schools or ECIS offers a safeguarding certificate that sets the standards for safeguarding training in international schools.
ECIS courses offered by Forum Business Training offers a four-part program that requires the principles and the foundations for strong, child-protection policies and practices, matched by evaluations that will compel effective application of the knowledge imparted in the training. Accessible online, the entire staff of your school will take advantage from experts with proper knowledge so that your institution will have the observance of standards, notwithstanding the accreditation or inspection of the system is followed.
Evaluations are mandatory after each and every section, and a Certificate of Completion is distributed to each successful participant, indicating that applicants have demonstrated a concrete understanding of principles regarding behavior and policy formation in schools and institutions.
These are the four parts of the ECIS Safeguarding Certificate Program:
Part 1: Recruitment
This is the part where the applicants must learn how to comply with recruitment checks, generate a culture of safe recruitment, and ascertain specific solutions for trials faced by international schools.
Part 2: Structures, Reporting Concerns, and Trips
In this level, the applicants must learn how tough structures, both internal and external, are critical in guaranteeing that the safeguarding policies of schools or the institutions are implemented successfully.
Part 3: Governance
This part is about the applicants´ knowledge on how owners, directors, and governing bodies of the schools can fulfill their legal responsibilities and certify efficient oversight and inquiry of child protection within the school.
Part 4: Case Study
The applicants must ork through this case study, which will draw out the learning results from the three previous sections. The supplementing evaluation requires participants to examine and produce not only the case study, but subsidiary documentation as well, in order to use the knowledge to the real-time application.
- Total time required: about 6 hours
- 70% pass mark needed on all evaluations
- Certificate of Completion is distributed upon the successful completion of all parts; valid for 3 years
- Content and evaluations intended in partnership with Farrer & Co, an independent law firm with a specialty practice in child safeguarding
- Contains yearly top-up course for applicants who have completed the initial certificate
- 3-year license with unlimited number of applicants from your academic and non-academic staff
- Charge is flat fee of £2,500 for 3 years, for ECIS member schools. Non-member rate is £5,000 per year.
- Modeled on principles of child safeguarding drawn from UK regulations, but universally applicable, with real-world tools for how the school can use these standards to fit their needs.
The UK safeguarding regulations for schools is all encompassing in the world, with a number of international schools depending with the provided standards. The principles highlighted in this course are comprehensively applicable, no matter where the location of the school is.